My Familys Favorite Fajita Recipe
This recipe will make about 6 fajitas. They are healthy recipe and a fit meal for a family!
You will need:
- 2 whole cooked chicken breast shredded (if you cook in crock pot, chicken is easy to shred)
- 1 pkg corn tortillas (you may choose flour, but I’ve found the corn is healthier)
- 1 whole yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 whole red or orange bell pepper
- ½ sweet onion
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning
- 1 small can fire roasted (low sodium) diced tomatoes
In a wok or large skillet add sliced peppers, sliced onion and seasoning.
(Use cooking spray for non-stick purposes if needed)
Bring skillet to a light simmer (just enough to soften peppers and onions), let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add shredded chicken and tomatoes, stir into simmering food.
Microwave corn tortillas lightly and serve!
Options to add: whipped avocado as guacamole or plain Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream!